Over the next 6 weeks, we will be talking about how Lutherans interpret the Bible. The information that will be shared will come from a variety of resources including The Book of Faith and a video series entitled How Lutherans Interpret the Bible by the Reverend Doctor Mark Allan Powell. The topics to be covered include:
1. Word of God
2. What Lutherans Say About the Bible
3. Where the Bible Comes From
4. Interpreting the Bible in Context
5. Determining Right From Wrong
6. The Many Meanings of the Bible
It is important for us to know how to and how not to approach the Bible so that we can uncover the richness and newness each and every time we engage Scripture. Of course the most important activity is that we pick up the Bible, open it, read it and hear what God is saying to us today.